Most common problems
- How long will it take for you to print the books?
- 5 to 7 working days. During peak period a few more extra days.
- How long will it take for the books to be delivered?
- 4 to 5 working days by PosMalaysia within Pen Malaysia, 5 to 7 working days to Sabah and Sarawak.
- For other countries, 2-3 weeks by air and 2-3 months by surface, depending on destinations. Some destinations may take more than the stipulated time.
- For courier services (DHL, FedEx, etc), please request offline. Please do not make payment until you received confirmation in writing.
Please check the following before you send us the pdf files.
- If we were to reduce from A4 size to A5 size or any other sizes, the contents' wordings will be reduced accordingly resulting in smaller text, white border, uneven margins, etc.
- If the fonts are not embedded, there will be missing fonts or different fonts when the books are printed.
Please note, we print direct from your files and it is not possible for us to check every page, every word or every image of your file.
Other information you need to know
- The size of the file is the same size of the book - if your book size is A5 please submit A5 size file. If your book is B5 size please submit B5 size file.
(Do not submit A4 size file if you wish to print A5 size book.)
- To EMBED all the fonts you used for the cover and contents of this book.
- To merge all layers into one and create outline.
- To convert all colours to CMYK with at least 300 dpi.
- To upload covers and contents in separate files.
- All contents files must be in single page format.
- Spine width - 6mm for 100 pages using 80 gsm paper.
- For 6mm spine width, the wordings must be 4mm.
- Wordings or images should not be too near the edge of the cover - it could be trimmed off. Margin of 5mm is recommended. It is alright if your design bleeds through the pages.
- Colour on screen may differ from the printed materials.
- If there is a reprint, for whatever the reasons, the buyers will have to pay for the delivery charges for the reprint consignment.